The Strength of My Heart

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."    Psalm 73:26

There is nothing in this world that will "jump start" your heart like an emergency! The unexpected change, in a moment's notice, to an immediate need. Let me explain by telling you about my emegency on Sunday. I want you to see the difference in how our heart reacts and how God responds to our flesh and Spirit. As I was backing out of the garage for church, I happened to look through the sunroof up to a blanket-like sky. It was like hundreds of white fluffy cotton balls that made a blanket. There was a peace that came over me and I said to God "You are covering me today, like a blanket of protection." Little did I know, at that blessed moment, I was speaking into the future, the near future. Fast forward to mid-afternoon. I layed down on the couch to catch a short but sweet Sunday nap (you know we are to rest on the seventh day which I am working on). We had finished our Father's Day lunch for Jeff and as an added bonus we read Psalms 1 and 2 together at the dinner table. Line by line we each read a verse. My parent's were out of town and were returning from my brother's house early so I could go visit my Dad. We celebrated with his family at the lake on Friday night. Father's are so important and by all means need a day to be appreciated, I felt as if I celebrated my Heavenly Father at church....so I was having one of those days!!! A good day!!! Sidenote: As a cancer survivor every day is a good day regardless!

Now, I am on my way to my parents house, of course I had to make a stop for Dad's present! I had decided what to get him just had not picked it up. Finally, I get there and my Mom is calling me on my cell as I pull into her driveway. I notice my Dad's car is not there. When I walked in Mom was in the bed and said "Can you take me to the Emergency Room?" "Sure." She was burning up from fever and stomach cramps that came on within thirty minutes. I have to say my internal alarm was going off but I was prepared, no, I take that back, I was prepared (spiritually)for what happend next. I helped her change clothes because she had chills along with the burning hot temperature. I locked the door and as I turned around to help her off the porch and to the car. She had stopped and was holding onto the big concrete pillar. "Are you nauseas" I said. "Nooooo...I.....just....don't....feel good..." slowly slurred out of her mouth. I set my cell phone down and put her arms around me. I was screaming "MOM" and she looked at me but her eyes were closing and her body went limp. I grabbed the phone and dialed 911 for the first time in my life. I thought my Mom was having a heart attack and wondered how I would be able to do CPR. I was pleading with God to help her. Here I was holding my Mom like a sleeping baby just the way she held me. This is where God's strength absolutely took over...I was able to sit her down on the concrete porch but was not gonna let that head of hers lay on the hard floor! I grabbed the pillow off the chair in front of me and placed her head on it. Then...I ran....across the street to the neighbor's for help. All this took place in a matter of five to ten minutes but I felt like every second was critical. To my greatest delight., her eyes were open when I ran back on the porch. Then I heard the sound of the siren and will never forget the relief that brought. The rescue crew had arrived, neighbors had arrived and Mom was talking.

God was covering me like a blanket. Now I backed out of their driveway in between a fire truck and ambulance. My how a day can change in a minute! God was and is the strength of my heart and my mother's heart. It was NOT her heart at all that was attacked...it was a severe case of diverticulitis. She has been hospitalized since Sunday and is responding to the antibiotics. I am so thankful for the protection of her body as it fights off infection. Please pray for her complete healing and restoration. This is her sixth day in the hospital and sixth day of eating only ice chips. However, she is progressing and we continue to praise the Lord for his love and mercy in and around her. The Glory is all His.

MOORE NEWS: Of course, most of our news is what you've just read. I have been at the hospital most of the week but Abby and Luke have enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Luke went to Camp Winnetaska last week until Wednesday and then we joined Abby and the Moores/Bradleys at the lake! Dads came up on Thursday. So lots of water time, too much eating and fun, fun, fun!

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." Psalm 62:1

A heart full of Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

On Your Mark